Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Skinny Chicken Salad...Yum


I wanted to share with you pictures of my garden. As my veggies come in I will share with you some of my favorite recipes that incorporates the tasty garden delights!




If you have never had a garden before give it a try, it's fun and so satisfying when you get to eat that first tomato, bean or pepper. Make sure you start with good organic compost or garden soil!


Here is Tuesday's Recipe! 

I ran across this recipe on Pinterest. It is very close to the way I have made chicken salad for years so I had to check it out. The biggest difference is adding Greek Yogurt instead of the mayo and the cranberries. It's yummy!

Harvest Chicken Salad

Recipe by Chung-Ah of Damn Delicious

Yields 3-4 servings
Ingredients:
  • 1 pound chicken breast (chopped, diced, or shredded)
  • 1/2 cup diced red onion
  • 1/2 cup diced apple
  • 2/3 cup grapes, halved
  • 1/3 cup Dried Cranberries
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1 1/2 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • Ciabatta bread, toasted, for serving
Directions:
In a large bowl, combine chicken, red onion, apple, grapes, cranberries, sliced almonds, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste. Serve sandwiches on ciabatta bread with chicken salad mixture.
Note: You can also serve this over baby spinach for a delicious lunch salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment